Sunday 21 April 2013

Peter King calls for “increased surveillance” of Muslims after Boston


Real Terrorist in charge of "Counterterrorism"

It's "where the threat is coming from," the House Republican said

Rep. Peter King, the Chair of the House subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence and the mastermind behind hearings on the radicalization of Muslim-Americans, argued Friday that in the wake of the Boston bombings, law enforcement should increase surveillance in Muslim communities.

“Police have to be in the community, they have to build up as many sources as they can, and they have to realize that the threat is coming from the Muslim community and increase surveillance there,” King, a New York Republican, told the National Review.

“We can’t be bound by political correctness,” he continued. “I think we need more police and more surveillance in the communities where the threat is coming from, whether it’s the Irish community with the Westies [an Irish-American gang in New York City], or the Italian community with the mafia, or the Muslim community with the Islamic terrorists.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/20/peter_king_calls_for_increased_surveillance_of_muslims_after_boston/

Rep. Peter King Calls on FBI to put him under Close Surveillance and Profile Redheads
Satire. Or not.

“Let’s not be politically correct,” the congressman told surprised agents. “I have a long history as a material supporter of terrorism. Someone needs to keep a closer eye on me.”

He admitted having complained about what the United Kingdom called enemy combatants being denied bail or fair and speedy trials in civilian courts. “I don’t know what I was thinking. Of course, the British should have been court-martialling the IRA,” he admits.

“Plus, those limeys were way too reserved and polite. They should have had an MI6 guy in every bar in certain neighborhoods. People were passing around the hat to buy stingers for the boys. I was passing around the hat myself.”

“They should have had a couple of MI6 guys in my office. Saps.”

King said that people with red hair and freckles ought to have been detained immediately on arrival at Heathrow, and that bullying the “ginger” was perfectly justified. “They blew up car bombs in London, for Chrissake,” he said. “There’s something wrong with my people.”

Asked whether he now disagreed with his earlier argument that colonial occupation and oppression justifies standing up for a people’s rights, violently if necessary, King replied “It depends on the people. Irish, of course. But A-rabs need to be kept down.”

Asked whether Arab leaders such as Muammar Gaddafi and Yasser Arafat had not supplied arms and training to the IRA, King just scowled.

He ended the news conference with a heartfelt plea. “Really, I’m out of control. Someone needs to put me under close surveillance. I’m for terrorism but against terrorism, it just depends. But wouldn’t that be a danger signal? Wouldn’t the British government contact the FBI about me just like the Russians told them about the Tsarnaevs? I mean, nowadays I’m directing my love of hurting people toward the Muslim-Americans. But you can never tell. An Englishman might cross me, and boom! Car bomb up the kazoo.”

“I’m turning over to the FBI this big file of incriminating evidence on myself.”

“Back in the 1980s, I admitted to being a supporter of the Irish Republican Army. By that time, it had assassinated Lord Mountbatten, killed Airey Neve by car bomb outside Westminster, killed 18 British soldiers at the Warrenpoint ambush, bombed the Wimpy Bar on Oxford Street, killing Kenneth Howorth, committed he Hyde Park and Regents Park bombings in London, killing eleven British troops; bombed Harrods Department store, killing 6 people, including one American and wounding 90 (including another American) during Christmas shopping. Just a year later, the IRA, which I supported, tried to kill British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, killing 5 others and injuring more. I once said, “If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it.”

“In 1983 I complained bitterly about suspected IRA terrorists being held for 7 days with no contact with lawyers, about them having no bail set and having to wait as much as 2 years to be tried, and about the use of informers to convict them:” More

No comments: